Your Custom Dub Delay Effects Unit
Designed with the English independent record label Ninja Tune, the Erica Synths Zen Delay is designed to excel at one thing — creating the richest, dubbiest delay lines you've ever heard from a single unit. Combining a tempo-synced stereo delay line, a multimode 24dB synth filter, and a tube circuit for analog overdrive, the Zen Delay is optimized for a send/return effect from your console or DJ mixer.
Complete with an extreme feedback range for endless dub echoes, and large, high-quality knobs that encourage hands-on interaction, the Erica Synths Zen Delay effects module is all you need to turn any track into a dub mix.
Legit dub effects without sacrificing mixer channels
Using the Zen Delay as a send/return effect from your mixer is fast and efficient, compared to the traditional method of creating dub-style delay lines. If you're not familiar with the technique, you would normally send signals from your mixer via aux output to a delay unit, and return that delay's output to a channel on your mixer.
By returning to a channel instead of the aux return, you can then send the delay line back into itself to create extreme feedback (while also manipulating the channel's EQ and gain for creative effect).
The Zen Delay packs an extreme feedback range, a gloriously rich multimode filter for tone shaping, and an analog tube drive circuit for harmonic enrichment, giving you all the tools you need for dub echoes without complex routing schemes.
Ample hands-on control
Dub delays are all about sonic manipulation — swelling up the intensity by turning up the feedback, tweaking EQs and filters to create timbral interest, changing the delay time for pitch effects, and so on.
the Zen Delay effects unit is packed with high-quality knobs for hands-on control, including a tap tempo button for syncing your effects. You can even switch delay modes and filter modes at the flick of a knob, and once you've played with the Zen Delay for a bit, you'll probably be making tweaks without even looking at it.
MIDI and CV input for external control
The Zen Drive is perfect for hardware-based electronic music production rigs, and it's ready to integrate with other gear via MIDI and CV. Hook up a MIDI connection from your sequencer and sync tempos.
- Dub-echo effects unit with stereo delay, analog tube drive circuit, and 24dB multimode filter
- Designed in collaboration with English independent record label Ninja Tune
- Comprehensive hands-on control with high-quality knobs for input level, delay time, feedback, delay mode, dry/wet blend, filter cutoff, resonance, filter mode, analog drive amount
- Tap tempo button makes it easy to sync delays with your mix as you perform
- Analog tube drive circuit adds vibrant harmonic richness all the way up to full distortion
- Huge delay time range (1ms-5,000ms), with 1/8 to 8x clock division, for up to 50 seconds of delay
- Offers a full dub-delay workstation without complex mixer routing schemes
- Full stereo signal path
- MIDI and CV inputs for external control from other hardware, your DAW, Eurorack modular synthesizers, and other devices
- Five delay modes include tape, tape pingpong, digital pingpong, digital, and crossover
- Delay Off mode allows you to use the filter and tube drive for processing signals without the delay