A Cost-effective Audio Tuning Plug-in
f you need a cost-effective entry into the powerful world of pitch- and time-correction, Celemony’s Melodyne assistant is a terrific choice. With Melodyne assistant, you can correct and manipulate the pitch and timing of monophonic tracks like vocals or bass guitar, and/or rhythmic tracks such as individual drums or complete kits. Because of its intuitive design and logical layout that all of the Melodyne series have followed, editing audio with Melodyne assistant is fast and easy to learn. Melodyne 5 assistant contains even more cutting-edge enhancements, such as Melodic and Percussive Pitched algorithms, musically weighted pitch analysis, the Fade Tool and Sibilant Tool, the Leveling Macro, and recallable search. Add to that ARA compatibility, and you get one of the most powerful pitch- and time-correction applications on the planet. Melodyne 5 assistant is a great first pitch editing program.
Exciting new features for better results in less time
Melodyne 5 assistant has a lot of changes under the hood. Its Melodic algorithm edits pitched and noise-like components separately, supplying you with ultra-musical pitch deviation analysis. Chord Track enables you to bring notes into line harmonically, and to extract chords from audio. Create note-based fades with the Fade Tool. You can also use the Sibilant Tool for per-note adjustment of the volume between pitched and unpitched vocal sounds, and the Leveling Macro to minimize volume disparities between notes. There’s an additional Percussive Pitched algorithm, along with other algorithm improvements, plus recallable search functions for keyboard shortcuts. A lot of us here at Sweetwater use Melodyne, and this is the best version yet!
A number of ways to integrate Melodyne
There are several ways to integrate Melodyne 5 essential into your workflow. It works standalone or as a plug-in in your DAW. Using Melodyne as a plug-in works flawlessly; however, you must first transfer each musical passage into Melodyne before any pitch- or time-correction can occur. This takes time. For complete DAW integration, you’ll want to use Melodyne’s ARA interface. With it, you can open and edit tracks directly in Melodyne. Check with your DAW’s manufacturer to find out if it’s ARA-compatible or call your Sales Engineer. More DAWs are jumping on the ARA bandwagon every day!
Celemony Melodyne 5 Essential Features:
- Powerful pitch and time adjustment tool
- Automatic or manual correction of intonation and timing errors
- Powerful adjustment tool allows you to polish audio tracks
- Automatic and manual timing and note length correction
- Automatic and manual pitch and pitch drift correction
- Melodic algorithm edits pitched and noise-like components separately
- Musically weighted pitch analysis supplies psychoacoustically optimal intonation correction
- Leveling Macro minimizes the volume disparities between notes
- Chord Track brings notes into line harmonically and extract chords from audio
- Percussive Pitched algorithm for instruments such as tabla, berimbau, and 808 kick drums
- Recallable search functions for keyboard shortcuts
- Experiment with different melodies, timing, and rhythm
- Easily transpose your audio, and even adjust it to scales
- Easy-to-use, logical layout makes navigation ultra-simple
- Works standalone or as a plug-in in your DAW
- ARA interface provides complete integration with selected DAWs