Correct Audio and Timing — Even Inside Chords
Looking for a high-quality tool to help you massage notes to perfection? How would you like to have the ability to fix audio buried within chords? With Celemony’s Melodyne editor, you can do all of that and more. You can access notes inside polyphonic material and make guitars, pianos, and other instruments shine. Melodyne 5 editor contains even more cutting-edge enhancements, such as Melodic and Percussive Pitched algorithms, musically weighted pitch analysis, the Fade Tool and Sibilant Tool, the Leveling Macro, and recallable search. Add to that ARA compatibility, and you get one of the most powerful pitch- and time-correction applications on the planet. Does that magical take just have too many flaws to be a keeper? Not if you have Celemony Melodyne editor in your arsenal.
Exciting New Features for Better Results in Less Time
Melodyne 5 editor has a lot of changes under the hood. Its Melodic algorithm edits pitched and noise-like components separately, supplying you with ultra-musical pitch deviation analysis. Chord Track and Chord Grid enable you to adapt notes — or full chords — with blazing speed to suit a song. Create note-based fades — even in polyphonic recordings — with the Fade Tool. You can also use the Sibilant Tool for per-note adjustment of the volume between pitched and unpitched vocal sounds, and the Leveling Macro to minimize volume disparities between notes. There’s an additional Percussive Pitched algorithm, along with other algorithm improvements, plus recallable search functions for keyboard shortcuts. A lot of us here at ProducerSources use Melodyne, and this is the best version yet!
Extended Timing Tools Give You Intuitive Access to Robust Note-Morphing Power
Celemony's Melodyne 5 editor gives you timing tools that massage the sound without losing your timing: the evolution within a note is now independent of its quantization. With the time handle tool, you can insert handles that, when dragged, accelerate or slow down the areas on either side of them. It all happens within the boundaries of a note, so you can do this without affecting the surrounding notes. Use the attack speed tool to increase or decrease the length of the attack phase or alter the transients of any instrument.
True Scale and Tuning Voyage Through Truly Diverse Musical Worlds
In Melodyne 5 editor, you can recognize in-tune notes because they lie directly on a white or black key. The background pattern of Melodyne's intuitive interface is that of a keyboard, because the piano's tempered scale defines the goal of pitch correction. As you edit, the keyboard determines the available notes. Turn snapping on, and the notes will even snap to the nearest key.
And if you're working on, say, a sitar recording — with notes that fall between the notes of a piano — Melodyne has you covered by giving you a choice of scales that includes Asian, Indian, and Arabic scales, as well as western scales such as church modes and jazz-based scales. Change tonics, audition how switching from major to minor affects your music, and so much more.
A Number of Ways to Integrate Melodyne
There are several ways to integrate Melodyne 5 editor into your workflow. It works standalone or as a plug-in in your DAW. Using Melodyne as a plug-in works flawlessly; however, you must first transfer each musical passage into Melodyne before any pitch- or time-correction can occur. This takes time. For complete DAW integration, you’ll want to use Melodyne’s ARA interface. With it, you can open and edit tracks directly in Melodyne. Check with your DAW’s manufacturer to find out if it’s ARA-compatible or call your Sales Engineer. More DAWs are jumping on the ARA bandwagon every day!
Celemony Melodyne 5 Editor Features:
- Powerful adjustment tool allows you to polish audio tracks
- Automatic and manual timing and note length correction
- Automatic and manual pitch and pitch drift correction
- Fade Tool creates note-based fades — even in polyphonic recordings
- Melodic algorithm edits pitched and noise-like components separately
- Musically weighted pitch analysis supplies psychoacoustically optimal intonation correction
- Sibilant Tool yields per-note adjustment of the volume between pitched and unpitched vocal sounds
- Leveling Macro minimizes the volume disparities between notes
- Chord Track brings notes into line harmonically and extracts chords from audio
- Percussive Pitched algorithm for instruments such as tabla, berimbau, and 808 kick drums
- Recallable search functions for keyboard shortcuts
- DNA (Direct Note Access) technology adjusts notes in polyphonic audio
- Easy-to-use, logical layout makes navigation ultra-simple
- Works standalone or as a plug-in in your DAW
- ARA interface provides complete integration with selected DAWs