Elevate Your Orchestral Compositions
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition takes their original award-winning Hollywood Orchestra to new heights with a hefty 130GB of brand-new recordings, reimagined original content, and powerful new features, all housed in their cutting-edge OPUS software engine. This orchestra virtual instrument includes both ensemble and solo instruments, and it comes with Hollywood Orchestrator — a must-have tool for composers. If you want to transform your compositions with blockbuster-level sound, the Opus Edition will bring everything into focus. Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition was engineered by Academy Award and BAFTA winner Shawn Murphy. If you want to craft pro-level orchestral soundtracks, this is the software instrument to get.
Contains 130GB of brand-new recordings
Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is jam-packed with 944GB of samples — 130GB of which are brand-new recordings. At ProducerSources, we've found that this library's 18-violin string section vaunts some of the best legato phrasings we've ever heard in an orchestra virtual instrument. You also get new ensembles for Hollywood Brass and Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, and new string, brass, and woodwind multi-ensembles. The Opus Edition is a distinct upgrade over EastWest's original collection.
Includes reimagined original content
For Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition, EastWest reimagined its predecessor's content, updating it to take advantage of their leading-edge OPUS software engine. This virtual instrument's Hollywood Orchestra Woodwinds library got the most obvious makeover — its existing content was overhauled then bolstered by new ensembles, including three bassoons, three clarinets, and three flutes. You also get fat-sounding string, brass, and woodwind multi-ensembles that faithfully capture the vibe of a large orchestra playing together in a live setting.
Powered by the new OPUS software engine
Under the hood, Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition boasts EastWest's new-and-improved OPUS software engine. Developed by coding guru Wolfgang Kundrus, the mastermind behind Cubase, Nuendo, and Studio One, along with Wolfgang Schneider, the creator of Kontakt, OPUS is a worthwhile successor to EW's previous PLAY engine. The OPUS engine was built from the ground up to be faster, more powerful, more flexible, and more eye-grabbing than PLAY, with enhanced features like individual instrument downloads, customized key switches, new effects for the mixer page, scalable retina GUI upgrades for legacy products, a powerful new script language, and loads of instrument-customizing features.
Setting the right MOOD is a piece of cake
Hollywood Orchestrator: don't compose without it
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition includes Hollywood Orchestrator, one of the most powerful composition tools you'll ever use. With it, you'll be able to build complex orchestral arrangements by playing a few simple chords with one hand and shaping expression with the other. Hollywood Orchestrator's revolutionary Scoring Engine is akin to a secret weapon, producing anything from a rudimentary string arrangement to full-scale orchestrations. The Scoring Engine employs a 2-step process that first modifies your MIDI input with a Note Selection process, then sends those notes to a Step Sequencer that plays chords with programmed rhythms.
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Features:
- Next-gen Hollywood Orchestra virtual instrument with 16-bit/44.1kHz samples
- Jam-packed with 944GB of samples, much of which is new content
- Includes the original Hollywood Orchestra, plus Hollywood Solo Instruments
- Contains reimagined original content for all sections and solo instruments
- Cutting-edge OPUS software engine is faster, more powerful, more flexible, and more eye-grabbing than its predecessor
- Individual instrument downloads, customized key switches, new effects for the mixer page, scalable retina GUI upgrades for legacy products, a powerful new script language, and loads of instrument-customizing features
- Hollywood Orchestrator builds complex orchestral arrangements quickly and easy
- Mixer section includes per-instrument volume, pan, EQ, and an ultra-configurable reverb
- 500+ customizable presets make creating Hollywood-ready scores a breeze