Today's mixes need punch. Parallel compression—a dry sound mixed with a hard-compressed version of itself—gives maximum impact without losing dynamics. IHNY-2's custom compression is clinical and aggressive, combining the precision of a digital algorithm with the analog-inspired non-linearity of 80s/90s DBX units.
Parallel, Made Simple
Parallel compression often requires you to stop to set up some routing. IHNY-2 simplifies the process with an intuitive XY pad, balancing the dry and compressed signals in the vertial axis and the compression amount in the horrizontal axis. This allows you to operate the most important controls in one motion to quickly find the sweet spot.
IHNY-2 is designed for speed, but the Tweak Panel offers full control when you need it. Access attack/release time and ratio compression controls, introduce drive and transient-shaping to counteract the hard compression, and sculpt the way IHNY-2 addresses and emphasizes different frequency ranges.
Into the Tweak Panel...
Set how fast the compressor engages and disengages with the Attack and Release control, and set the overall compression intensity using the Ratio control.
Transient-shaping and drive
Punch emphasizes transients to balance out heavy compression, and Harmonics reacts to the gain-reduction to saturate sound harder the more it's compressed.
Shape (New York Style)
IHNY-2 is named after 'New York' compression, a parallel compression style known for hyper-present highs and lows. Shape gives these a boost for a more 'New York' sound.
What should IHNY-2 compress? Tilt makes the compressor work harder on the lows or highs, and Preserve prevents frequencies from getting compressed at all.
- Modern and ultra-aggressive compression sound, engineered for power.
- Internal routing for a fast and obstacle-free parallel compression workflow.
- Easy-to-use XY pad for balance and amount, letting you focus on the sound.
- Tweak Panel to quickly fine-tune your compression using intuitive graphical controls.
- Harmonics and Shape controls to add drive and the 'New York' flair to your sound.
- Oversampling for more accurate sound processing, requires more CPU load.
- 156 presets by Baby Audio and multi-platimum GRAMMY winners and nominees.
- Toggleable tool tips, overwrite/load default state, and other ease-of-use features.
Palm Mute Guitar
Space Disco Master
Hip Hop Master
Aggressive Synth Bass