The EastWest Voices Bundle includes:
Voices of Soul, Voices of Opera and Voices of the Empire:
A powerhouse vocal product of soulful perfection that will be your new secret weapon, perfect for any music requiring solo vocals or vocal harmonies using chords.
EastWest recorded Voices of Soul with C.C. White, who has sung with many of the greatest and most iconic names in the music industry. Her voice is a thrilling blend of Funk, Soul, Reggae, Southern Blues, Gospel, R&B, Jazz, with a bit of Latin flair.
Voices of Soul features vocals across a variety of categories, including:
- Sustain contains a variety of single syllable vocal instrument types, including Ah, Doo, Ee, Eh, Ha, Hm, Ho, Ho Expressive, Hoo, La, Mm, Oh, Oh Expressive, Oo, So Expressive, Wo, Wo Expressive. Most contain multiple velocity-sensitive dynamic layers, and a few contain additional “expressive” versions.
- Legato contains instruments that playback true legato intervals when playing notes in a connected fashion (legato) for every interval up to an octave in either direction, and sustain layers that playback when playing disconnected (separated).
- Combo Mod contains instruments that combine multiple articulations and use the Mod Wheel (MOD) or Velocity Sensitivity (VS) to determine which playback.
- Combo RR contains instruments that combine multiple articulations by using Round Robin programming to cycle through articulations.
- Mod XFADE Chords contains polyphonic, single syllable vocal instruments that use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to crossfade between dynamic layers.
- Phrases contains over 600 phrases and adlibs sung in a soulful style, spread out across 12 instruments, one for each of the 12 root note positions.
- Keyswitch contains instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument, and use keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
- Phrases KS FX Presets contains the phrases keyswitch instruments saved with a variety of FX Rack presets. The FX Rack includes the SSL Channel Strip and Bus Compressor, OhmForce Ohmicide, and EastWest EP-1 Delay, ADT, Amp Simulator and Convolution Reverb.
The same pristine recording techniques that make all of our products sound so rich and detailed went into the recording of Voices of Opera. Choose and create your own mix from multiple mic positions including Front, Rear, and Room. The Front mic is a Telefunken 251, a famous vocal mic that captures incredible warmth and detail. For the duet phrases, a Neumann U67 was added to fully capture the sound of both singers. The Rear includes a pair of vintage Cole 4038s that add more depth and space. The Room mix includes a Decca tree made up of Neumann M50s and a pair of AKG C12 outriggers, replicating the mic set-up of a classical stage. These are all rare vintage tube mics. All recordings were made at EastWest Studios, our world famous recording studios known for producing more Grammy nominations than any other studio in the world, 121 in the last 7 years.
Voices of Opera is a 40 GB collection of 229 multi-sampled vocal instruments across various categories, including:
- Sustain: 10 vocal instruments for both Soprano and Tenor consisting of single syllable vowels – Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh, Oo.
- Staccato: 32 vocal instruments with a variety of short, single syllables. For Soprano: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kom, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Ra, Te, Toh, Voh. For Tenor: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kon, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Te, Toh, Voh.
- Legato: 4 vocal instruments that playback true legato intervals up to an octave in either direction when playing in a legato fashion (connected notes) and a sustain sample layer when playing in a non-legato fashion (separation between notes). For both Soprano and Tenor, there is Ah Legato and Oh Legato.
- Combo: 8 vocal instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and use either the Mod Wheel or Round Robin programming techniques to determine how each play back. These include Sustain MOD, Legato MOD, and Staccato Combo RR.
- Words: 42 vocal instruments with performances of specific Italian words mapped chromatically across the keyboard. For both Soprano and Tenor, these include: Addio, Amore, Bravissimo, Cara, Caro, Cielo, Dolore, Donna, Ella, Fiore, Fortuna, Forza, Gloria, Insieme, Mai, Morte, Nobilta, Potere, Sacro, Signore, Vincero.
- Phrases: 36 full phrases and 84 sub-phrases from popular opera arias from the works of Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, Rossini, Bizet and more. There are 43 phrases and sub-phrases for Soprano, 40 phrases and sub-phrases for Tenor, and 37 Duet phrases and sub-phrases. Phrases were recorded in multiple keys. Sub-phrases, which are separate parts that make up a full phrase, can be switched using the Mod Wheel.
- Keyswitch: 9 instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and uses keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
EastWest/Quantum Leap Voices Of The Empire, featuring the raw, primal vocals of Uyanga Bold, is perfect for composers creating epic film/TV/game soundtracks.
Uyanga Bold is a unique talent, melding the ethnic musical traditions of Bulgaria, Serbia, Mongolia, and beyond. She is a trained opera singer with perfect pitch, fluent in Russian, Mongolian, French, English, and German. In Voices Of The Empire, East meets West like you’ve never heard before. Uyanga’s voice is beautiful, pure, otherworldly, haunting, unsettling, powerful, genuine in its ethnic flair and world class in its precision.
- Dozens of Mongolian, Bulgarian and Western-style, multi-sampled vocal instruments.
- Dozens of expressive phrases in every key.
- 2 unique Mongolian legato vocal instruments.
- 1 traditional legato vocal instrument.
- Expressive vowel multi-sampled vocal instruments.