Value-packed Cellos for Solo Performance:
Ensemble instruments are great for creating lush orchestral music beds, but when you need an instrument to stand out, then you need a solo instrument, such as Hollywood Solo Cello from EastWest/Quantum Leap. This highly detailed instrument doesn’t just reflect the high sound quality ProducerSources expects from EastWest/Quantum Leap, it’s specifically tailored toward solo performance, with microphone placements intended to capture the kind of nuances lost in ensemble recording. What’s more, Hollywood Solo Cello introduces a special Legato instrument — Legato Sus Slur — which combines legato and sustain articulations for the natural continuity of note duration you need for realistic solo cello parts.
Note: Hollywood Solo Cello Gold Edition includes 16-bit samples and a single mic position (close).
Includes the custom PLAY 4 interface:
The EastWest Hollywood Solo Cello includes the custom PLAY 4 advanced sample engine, designed to give you deep access to the sounds within. This 64-bit interface (with 32-bit support) lets you load multiple instruments, so you can easily craft custom split and layered setups that make it effortless to perform with multiple instruments. It also allows you to go really deep with your sounds, such as adjusting envelopes and the addition of various sample reproduction tools for tweaking your instruments to perfection.
EastWest/Quantum Leap Hollywood Solo Cello Features:
- Special cello virtual instrument designed for solo performance
- 16-bit samples recorded in Studio 1 at EastWest Studios (the same studio Hollywood Orchestra was recorded in)
- Includes the close mic position from the Hollywood Solo Cello Diamond Edition
- Multiple articulations, including the unique Legato Sus Slur mode, provide realistic expression
- PLAY 4 cross-platform sample player provides sophisticated performance options and reverb
“Not to mince words, the tone of the Hollywood Solo Cello is absolutely exquisite.”
— Sound On Sound